About the Study
To compete successfully in the digital age, companies must be able to shape and leverage an increasingly complex network of internal and external stakeholders, which constitute their “Business Ecosystem”. This means new challenges for leadership, strategy, and organization.
To gain insights into how large organizations deal with this challenge, we conducted a series of in-depth interviews with global thought leaders and top executives as well as a global survey among senior leaders that focused on understanding the strategic and organizational capabilities it takes to act successfully within ecosystem networks. The responses point to existing capability gaps and offer perspectives on how to close such gaps.
The first part of the paper identifies 12 key issues that need to be on the agenda of organizations if they want to lead within the context of business ecosystems. The second part reports the results of the survey, covering topics such as:
- Organizing for Business Ecosystem Management
- Current Practices Related to Business Ecosystem Management
- Collaboration With External Players
- Barriers to Successful Business Ecosystem Management
- Business Ecosystem Leadership Capabilities
- Interventions to Strengthen Business Ecosystem Leadership
- The Role of L&D and Organizational Development
To get a physical copy of the report or an e-book Kindle version, click here.
You can also download a pdf version from this page.